Friday, April 16, 2010

Happiness

When we moved to Texas, Justin and I both knew things would be different and hard at times. We both have gone through some deep, dark moments in the past year. Our marriage too saw some dark days. I know at times I focus on the negative and seem very unhappy. MOst of this is just venting. My mom always tells me "Happiness is a choice" which I totally agree with but my mom normally tells me this when I just want to vent and be mad for awhile. So when I need a pick me up, I keep telling myself the following:

My Happiness does not depend on...

...what state I live in
...the size of my clothes
...the condition of my apartment
...the food I consume
...how much money I make
...how many friends I have
...how much debt I'm in
...the behavior of my students that day
...what clothes I wear
...ANYONE BUT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment